Project Title: Rural Economic Empowerment in South Caucasus Countries
Donor: Sida / Helvetas Swiss Incorporation
Timeframe: 01.06.2022 -31.12.2022
The overall objective of the project is the rural revitalization in the South Caucasus countries for the economic empowerment. The GFA has also identified the following specific objectives (SOs):
- SO1: Conduct Research on Rural/Agritourism industry actors in Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan:
- SO2: Capacity building of key stakeholders in South Caucasus countries (e.g. Destination Management Organizations – (DMOs) etc.), to ensure the enhancement of local tourism operators’/actors’ capabilities.
- SO3: Promotion of digital booking platform and improvement of users’ operational capacities to ensure the introduction of modern Sales and Marketing practices within agritourism enterprises at a regional level.
- SO4: Improvement of market positioning of Georgian agritourism enterprises at an international level, through the creation of pilot national quality Standard.
- SO5: Institutional building between agritourism players in South Caucasus through experience sharing.